17.3.11

I've got to catch up on sleep - I am so tired - it's so hard when your kids are sick - not just the physical stuff they go through, but they are just so unhappy - which in turn makes you unhappy. today is a new day - and he is getting better, but ever since he's started kindergarten it seems that he gets sick more often - they all pass around their germs. I don't know if I've mention this before, but I rarely get colds - john thinks I'm a freak of nature. he still doesn't know how I function without coffee in the mornings. I remember going about 8 years without nothing not even a headache - I'm fortunate I guess - in turn it makes me have a low tolerance to pain - which is not such a good thing especially when your going through child labour.
the image above is paintings I did about 10 years ago - I mixed each of the colours to be different tones of sepia ink. the exercise was to create compositions restricted to it's size and based on a grid. these are hanging in my bedroom and as I lay in bed I keep staring at them and think I want to do something with the imagery I created. I am thinking of recreating similar pieces but with my natural dyed fabric. I will do some on the weekend and hopefully have something to show you. tomorrow I will have pictures to show you of a new pattern.

9 comments:

  1. Please rest Arounna. Take care of yourself...spend some quiet time with your children at home. Rest with them.

    We will happily wait days before enjoying your next creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see how you'd want to apply the natural dye to do similar compositions: in a way, it is also similar to what you'd done for the Capacity show.

    it's a drag when the kids are sick: do i ever remember those days!
    but it will make them stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids do get other children's viruses especially in kindergarten!I hope yours get well soon!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Arounna! It's so true about K sickness. This year has been brutal for us too. I've lost count to how many different illnesses have come home this year. Crazy! Rest up!
    The pictures are beautiful. I would love to see them closer. What a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The change in time screwed up my sleeping completely. Glad to hear he's feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe when i visit tomorrow,you can go take a nap
    xo
    margie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope he gets well fast. And that all of you at your home feel ok and rested soon. Best wishes for you guys! :-)

    PS: Those paintings are really nice. Can´t wait to see with your natural dyed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh, sorry about the early years' germs ... unfortunately all children have to go through to build themselves immunity :( I hope they will feel better soon & back to their happy selves :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i walked by the shop on wednesday night on my way home from somewhere and saw you toiling away in the back workspace. it was only when i got home that i realized this must have been at least four in the morning. we probably both need more rest.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.