6.2.14


anatomy of a pattern
most of my patterns start out as small doodles and sketches, I usually only draw it once (what I mean by that is that it's like a gesture drawing - quick and fast) I don't overdraw or redraw it  - I find if I do that it becomes overworked.  and the drawings are done with a felt pen and I scan them and do the repeating and reworking on photoshop, by using this program I find it makes it faster because I can scale an image rotate or flip them.

but this latest print came about in an interesting way.  on my print table I kept staring at the image made from the bure print being repeatedly printed on top of each other and I decided to take a photo of it and upload that onto photoshop and see what I come up with - and the image on the right is the result, I quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.