1.3.08

these were so enjoyable to do - it allows you to be free and not worry about what they will look like - check out the details over at bloesem kids . p.s. thanks to everyone's kinds words about the projects and a special thanks to Irene for the opportunity to show these projects. john and I are included in a very nice book called "simply material" published by viction:ary - there are so many great artists and designers included. They seperate the book in different catergories - I'm in organic and john in geometric. here is a peek at our booth at the Spring One of a Kind Show. There are two more days before it's all over - thanks to everyone who came by. this was such a fun and easy project - I love collecting type blocks and this is a good way to use them - please check out the project over at bloesem kids. I made some last minute products for the show - this elegant linen canvas bag with a burgandy tree print and red cotton lining and oval handle is such a simple bag - I can't keep carrying it around - this bag is available here. I am going to be busy with prep for the show - I will post some images of our booth later in the week. Please come and visit if your in the neighbourhood - Happy St. Patrick's Day. I had fun making this project with lliam - he enjoyed pushing his fingers in the clay and mixing the plaster. Give it a try - instructions over at bloesem kids. I couldn't resist - this is definitely the last patch quilt (for babies) before the show. I really enjoy making patch quilts - there is no pattern to follow - just your instincts. I also enjoy the fact that each one is different and unique. I finally finished the details of the other dresses (the details are from two different dresses). I have had several studio visits and been busy replenishing the inventory for the upcoming show. I am currently working on a wholesale order for a shop in Portugal (how exciting). these little embroidered badges are also new - I will have more stlyes later. John found all this wonderful cardboard at work that was going to be thrown out and he rescued it for me - I used it to display the badges. I am pleased to present this new print for the editions project. It is a hand printed original drawing of a leaf tree in orange with a little brown bird. This is printed on a pale grey archival stonehenge paper and measures 8 x 10 in. this is an edition of 12 - please have a look and enjoy your weekend - 10 more days till OOAK eeks! this is a cute little hare handbag in the baby section and this is a peek into the different quilts that will be at the OOAK show - there are 10 quilts in total - whew....that was a lot of work. Up next will be a cute little print that will be for sale in the editions section. I tried to get a shot that wasn't too blurry and was showing the product, but my model was very reluctant. This is a new neck warmer - the fabric is wool with a bird printed on it with natural colour flannel on the underside - it has a button closure for quick cover ups. I will have them online soon. They are for the OOAK spring show. This was my view all weekend - I have been sewing so much to the point where my right side is numb - really it's that bad (I know I need to get some help sewing)- I also have new projects coming up, which I will share at a later date - it's the beginning of march and well there's still a lot of snow and it's still chilly - I am so glad everything is back to normal with john and lliam well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.