10.7.13

we had another black out yesterday that lasted well into 5 hours - it happened midway into the work day and there was lots of sewing for me to do and I was so annoyed, we were at the mercy of the hydro company and j and I decided to take the kids to buy them and  myself clothes for an upcoming cousin's wedding.

I think it's rather funny that I make things to sell, yet am not a big fan of shopping.  I went looking for a dress that would fit and that I would like.  I am not a picky dresser but I do know what I like and even though shopping was a nice distraction from the power outage - I was pretty frustrated - I would like the style and cut of something but it would be in a horrible synthetic material that made me sweat the moment I put it on.  we were out for three hours shopping - thank goodness I have a patient family - by hour three I was ready to wear jeans and a t-shirt to this wedding.  j had other things he needed to find so we separated to better manage our time and I took lliam with me and he was just as determined as I was to find me a dress. I went to the last store feeling defeated and just as I was ready to walk out the door, I spotted a colour I liked in the corner of my eye and there it was the perfect blue coloured linen dress.  the change rooms had a huge line so I threw it over what I was wearing and with lliam's encouragement bought it and afterwards lliam and I ran to find j as if we won the lottery.  

looking at beautiful flowers and plants keeps my mind off this humidity.
flowers being arranged in the first photo by crown flora

8 comments:

  1. i'm glad you found something you like eventually. it can be hard to navigate through all the synthetics out there...

    i hope you have a blackout-free day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet that blue linen dress looks gorgeous on you. i hate shopping too , especially for myself. I never try anything on and i prefer second hand well worn in clothing. One day I would love an assortment of bookhou garments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i understand your frustrations, i believe quite few people have the same feeling when shopping in the high street, i get frustrated too. glad you found something you like and yes it feels a bit like you won the lottery! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure if you hadn't found anything, you could have whipped something up pretty easily. Because you're excellent enough for this ! (but phew for having found something to your taste !!!) ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have often thought that your wonderful indigo apron could eventually evolve into a beautiful indigo linen dress, so who knows, maybe this one is your cue to a new design in between the two, and so the black out was a blessing in disguise :o)

    Linen is such an incredible fabric, light, strong and soft at the same time, sensual and fresh. I can't tell you how happy I am to use your oatmeal linen tea towels every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Arounna, do you know the name of this herb on the bottom right? I have picked a similar on the hill yesterday to look it up, but I am not sure they are the same... They grow among wild thyme and they are not much bigger, but some of them are a few inches taller and are crowned by a small umbrella of tiny white flowers. To me it looks like a miniature aneth plant - is there such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate shopping too for the same reasons. If I really need something, I try to find it online, but as I found when shopping for a recent wedding, that can be hard too! I'm glad you found something you like!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.