28.1.13



hi friends,
I hope you had a great weekend
we were swamped with the do design event that was happening on our street - there were so many people in the neigbourhood and in our shop - I have to work on getting the brick and mortar replenished. since we were busy in the shop I didn't have time to tick anything off my to do list and the evenings were busy with birthday parties and family gatherings.  I did manage to do some speed cutting last night, I find if I put really loud music on, it keeps me focused at the task at hand, it also doesn't hurt to put the computer in another room.  tomorrow I will show you some pictures of some of the objects that were in the different storefronts on dundas west.

on friday christina and I ventured into the snow storm to the workroom to do the snap purse workshop. I really enjoyed learning something new, I do plan to make ones similar for the shop, I have to first work on the pattern and get some purse frames, also I am still debating, between gluing and crimping.  what's great about these pieces is how little of fabric you need.  as soon as I have it all figured out I will let you know when they are for sale.

have a great start to your week!
xxa

10 comments:

  1. Love these Arounna! Look forward to seeing them in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. One question, do you dance with scissors ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable, I can't wait for them to be for sale! There is something exciting about snap purses, I think because mom and grandma had them and coins are so thrilling as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! I would love to see one large enough for glasses. Maybe with a soft interior?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo - I have to have one of these! Can't wait until they are available!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful little purses. There is something comforting about the "snap" of a snap purse! And they are so feminine! Can't wait to see them in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I love the tiny coin purse you gave me during my last visit. These will fly off the shelves I'm sure. Music always helps me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these snap purses. Pure perfection. I so want one for ME. Maybe a few others for some of my favorite girlfriends' birthdays. Please let me know when they become available.

    Love all that you do here! brava!
    fondly,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.