26.1.11

the capacity show is up - tonight there will be a press preview and the public reception is on saturday from 5-9pm - I hope you can come visit. I had a lot of changes with my display of the detachment series brooches. I originally had a table planned - instead I decided on painting a rectangle on the wall in a pale grey and the brooches on top. I liked how this display emphasizes the brooches and not their display. the brooch on the right is the one I wore for the NOW photo shoot - I am looking forward to seeing how the photo turned out.

11 comments:

  1. omg Arounna, everything looks so so so good. I really wish I lived closer & could attend every show you're part or that you curate yourself. I do believe that one day it will happen. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing Sonia. Why can't I be closer?
    The brooches look lovely on the subtle grey wall; like the artwork they are.

    I am completely smitten with the lettering too... and the planes, and the bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your brooches are the prettiest thing in the show. You will have to show me how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i love the letters! wish i was closer and could attend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Arounna, this is so beautiful!
    I wish I could attend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pieces looks great arounna
    good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE!

    The impulse to buy a ticket to Toronto is so strong whenever I see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! everything looks so good arounna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's totally on my list for saturday. i love the planes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The brooches are truly art forms, love the 3D effect! Thank you for sharing the pictures of the work and the show, the food look so yummy, I wish I live closer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say, it does look absolutly fantastic!
    Wish i was around the corner to come and dream about in this lovely space.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.