31.1.12

hello there,
I didn't have the energy to do a post yesterday - but I know you understand. I was buried in html coding - I tend to not give up till I get it done, but it was so late - I mean early in the morning and john urged me to go to bed and have fresh eyes in the morning - so when I got up the things that I tried for hours to figure out I did in five minutes, yes it helps to have fresh eyes. I am building a new webshop - this one will not be replacing the etsy store, but more expanding the line and also carrying curated items as well as carrying the favourites, I will give you more info when it's ready. I am done with the structure of the shop, so now the fun part filling it up.
I was really delighted the other day to have the gallery that represents my art work call me for some more work. I am going to try my best to make more of my embroidered collages. my process is usually creating small elements bit by bit and will assemble them and add any additional elements. above are some samples, I truly enjoy making eyelets, something about making them that is so satisfying, I am also really excited for an upcoming trip. I will definitely be bringing my embroidery, such a portable craft.
I am so excited!
I'm positive the trip will be incredibly inspiring -I will tell you more closer to the date.
xxa

11 comments:

  1. both beautiful but that eyelet one is amazing! excited for your new shop! love your aesthetic so I can't wait to see what fills your virtual shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much energy ! Can't wait to see the shop !
    Make sure you are allowed to bring needles & scissors/thread cutter on the plane, I couldn't take any last summer when I visited. (yes, VERY disappointed I was !)
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. both those little pieces are incredible small works of art
    don't forget to bring some wool and needles for the knitting lessons
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely - so excited to go with you
      can't wait!

      Delete
  4. So many exciting things on the horizon, Arounna. Can't wait to see more. And crossing my fingers VERY HARD that I get to join you on that trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can come nicole - it will an amazing trip
      crossing my fingers too

      Delete
  5. They look like exotic sea creatures. You always have so many exciting things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitching on the red piece reminds me of coral - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see your new shop - you have such a great eye, excited to see all of the things that you will carry. i love these little creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your work in this picture, and the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited for the new venture, will keep my eyes open - I always love what you have going on, so much visual stimualtion. thx.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.