13.8.10

just before the toronto outdoor art show - I showed you these works in progress. here they are completed and stretched - I only have these two left. I call these pieces "a detailed list" - it refers to lists and note taking. I feel that these pieces are visual compositions/interpretations of texts and words that I use and refer to on a daily basis. embroidery is one of my favourite techniques. simple, portable and expressive. I will be doing more of these and maybe on a larger scale (these ones are 6 x 9 in.) as well I want to incorporate screen printed images/drawings.
~I wish you all a creative and happy weekend~

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the weekend wishes...I may be running by your Shop on Saturday in an attempt to win the City Chase Race...lol.
    On a more important note...your embroidery lists are gorgeous!
    x
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. your lists are amazing
    and i love the concept

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place here is infused with such kindness and beauty. Thank you for sending out your lovely wishes and encouragement.

    This latest work is wonderful. Can't wait to see how your incorporate 'texts and words.' Happy weekend to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. - Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Arounna! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are So talented Arounna...you inspire me. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really quiet amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see more of these. They are stunning. Embroidery is so theraputic and calming.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.