6.9.07

highlights from NYC

We are back from a two week trip visiting friends in NYC - It was a very good trip and now were back to our busy schedules - I am at that point where I'm so busy I feel like I'm walking around in circles. Here are some highlights from the trip. We finally made it to Dia Art Foundation in Beacon, NY - it is now one of my favourite collections - keep in mind both John and I are huge fans of Modernist Art from the 50's & 60's - for myself Minimalist art really strikes a chord. Below is Lliam's interaction with a piece by Richard Serra (which we also visited at the MOMA - very incredible) - we told him no touching - what can you do? I was also struck by the subtle beauty of Sol LeWitt's wall drawings - and to top it off on the second floor was a collection of works by Louise Bourgeois (no images - the guard was eyeing me) Lliam enjoying himself in the children's playground in Washington Square some shopping highlights was seeing Habu's showroom - purl soho (small - but lot's of eye candy)- visiting BDDW's showroom in SoHo - there was a lot of tarrying - museum visiting and eating pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment - we read each one and will try our best to respond back.

please wait a moment for the comment to be moderated, only submit your comment once.